Beer is one of the preferred alcoholic drinks around the world. It is currently the third most sought-after drink followed by tea and water. According to studies, consuming beer in moderation improves your health. Contrary to people’s belief that beer is harmful to health, it holds a number of benefits too. Now let’s discuss the top fifteen advantages of drinking beer.
- Beer is a nutritious drink when compared with other beverages. It consists of proteins, vitamin B, and minerals as well as a flavonoid. Moreover, beer contains large amounts of iron, calcium, and phosphates and is also a rich source of fiber.
- Consumption of beer on a regular basis minimizes the development of coronary heart diseases, strokes and heart attacks. Frequent intake of alcoholic beverages reduces the likelihood of inflammation that leads to atherosclerosis.
Beer is helpful in shedding excess weight:
According to global health reports, traces of a chemical flavonoid named xanthohumol are found in beer, which is very helpful in reducing weight and stabilizing cholesterol levels.
Beer reduces the risk of kidney stones:
Beer has been a weird subject in health education; since it has both positive and negative sides altogether. If consumed in a controlled way, it can save you from great pain. Both men and women who consume beer on a daily basis are less likely to develop Kidney Stones. Beer consists of huge quantities of hops which are helpful in promoting phytochemicals that are helpful against the formation of Kidney Stones.
Note: When we are talking about drinking beer in moderation it usually means the quantity should be no more than one drink per day for women and no more than two drinks per day for men.
Beer enhances lipoprotein levels:
One of the major health benefits of drinking beer is that it amplifies the level of good cholesterol named lipoprotein. They are helpful in the prevention of plaque in arteries. It is a rich source of fiber that brings down LDL cholesterol levels (bad type of cholesterol).
Enhances bowel movement and strengthens the bones :
A standard bottle of beer has about 20% of fiber content. This is helpful in improving bowel movement. Owing to the presence of silicon, this beverage is useful to strengthen stronger bones. The chances of developing osteoporosis are meager.
Beer reduces stress levels:
Believe me; the majority of the people around the world are living a life full of stress. This makes this one very important health information for them. Taking two glasses of beer per day most certainly helps reduce anxiety and stress. On the other hand, if you are among those people who switch over to alcohol thinking of it as a solution, you might think twice. Excessive intake of alcohol is not advisable as it may possibly trigger anxiety, stress, and depression.
Beer lowers the risk of cancer:
A unique anti-oxidant named xanthohumol found in beer helps prevents risks of cancer. They are also a rich source of polyphenols useful in curing deadly diseases such as cancer.
Taking beer in small quantity improve cognitive skills:
Xanthohumol is a primary ingredient that is responsible for slowing down the degradation process of memory. It safeguards brain cells from the development of Dementia, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s. The overall amount of dopamine present in your brain increases and makes you feel more calm and composed.
Beer protects our eyes against Mitochondrial issues:
Huge amounts of anti-oxidants and enzymes in beer safeguard our eyes from the development of eye diseases like cataracts and mitochondria.
Consumption of alcohol on a daily basis reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes:
It’s stated under International Public Health, that those individuals who frequently take beverages like beer on a regular basis are less likely to develop Type 2 diabetes.
Other Benefits of Beer:
Beer is one the nutritious beverages. It contains the presence of natural ingredients including starch, malted barley, and water. Hence, It does not have a detrimental effect on your health. Plus, It is helpful in curing skin ailments and hair falls.
- Beer shampoos are natural hair conditioners that make your hair thick and springy. Thoroughly washing and rinsing hair using beer enhances its volume.
- Take advantage of beer packs to make your hair shiny and bright. The presence of vitamin B and yeast in beer is helpful in eliminating dandruff. Experts recommend washing the hair at least two to three times per week. Repeat the process to strengthen your hair scalps.
- Beer contains large traces of vitamins that are useful in curing skin acne. Besides that, it can augment the natural glow of your skin. Beer acts as a cleansing agent and absorbs dead skin cells thereby improving its elasticity.
- Beer works as a good cleanser and helps remove dead skin cells. It nourishes your skin and increases the skin’s elasticity. It balances the skin’s pH levels and cleanses and nurtures it. When mixed with a little lemon juice, it has the potential to root out skin pores and lighten black spots as well.
Astonishing health benefits of consuming dark beer:
- Dark beer has remarkable health benefits due to the presence of natural anti-oxidants. It is helpful in preventing heart diseases and boosting muscle metabolism. Dark beer has the potential to reverse cellular damage.
A recent study revealed the fact that dark beer has large amounts of iron content. Hemoglobin is partly made from iron which is responsible for carrying oxygen from the lungs to the other parts of the body.
Health benefits of beer for women:
- Beer has numerous health benefits, especially for women who want to regain their bone density. According to reports, the chances of developing osteoporosis are low amongst women who consume beer on a regular basis. Beer is a rich source of flavonoid which acts as a remarkable hormone replacement. It is helpful in alleviating symptoms of menopausal.
- Those women who frequently take one to one-half drinks per day are less likely to develop cognitive impairment. Besides that, there will be a drastic reduction in cognitive function as well. Studies have proven the fact that consuming beer in moderation will minimize the risks of coronary heart diseases, strokes, and heart attacks.
What are the side effects of beer?
- Drinking the excess amount of beer than prescribed might lead to serious side effects like a state of confusion, seizures, drowsiness, inability to control emotions, and total blackouts.
Moreover, you are most likely to experience trouble in breathing, diarrhea, vomiting sensation, uneven heartbeat, and a very low blood sugar level. Frequent usage of beer could result in memory loss, heart ailments, liver damage, and inflammation of the pancreas.
- Beer and alcohol might lead to birth defects and potentially harm the infant. The chances of miscarriage and fetal alcohol syndrome are more likely to occur during the initial stages.